After School Programs
The Heritage Housing Partners Corporation entered into a formal educational partnership with the Howard County Public School System in 1994. In 1996, this collaboration established three Community Based Learning Centers to provide after school academic, social, and cultural enrichment to approximately 75 children residing in Community Homes.
Today more than 225 children enjoy after school services at six sites throughout the County which provide the help they need to succeed in the classroom and formulate plans for future goals. These Learning Centers have become models for replication in other communities in Howard County and throughout the country as a leading example of a successful Neighborhood Networks program.
The BSAP/CBLC Afterschool Program, managed by HHPCorp in partnership with HCPSS, Dept. of Housing and Parks and Rec, has been nominated by the Howard County Department Of Citizen Services, The Children’s Board, for the Lights On Afterschool Recognition. Patricia Branner-Pierce, Grace Morris and Loretta Thompson accepted the award for the program at a ceremony held on October 13, 2011 at the Elkridge Furnace Inn. The BSAP/CBLC Afterschool Program is honored to have received such an award.
The after-school program is consistently recognized for its achievements and service in the community. Recognition includes the:
- MSDE – Achievement Initiative for Maryland Minority Students, 2007
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc – Salute to Excellence Award, 2012
- Community Service Award, Iota Lambda Omega – AKA, 2009
- Bright Minds Foundation – Piano For Youth, 2014
- Howard County Council, Honorary Resolution, 2011
- Howard County Department of Citizen Services O’Donnell Family Award, 2009
- Howard County Department of Children Services-Celebrating Successes, 2014
- NAACP – Recognition for After School Enrichment Program, 2010
Click here to view our after school program photo galleries.